Friday, July 23, 2010

Yup, I did it again...









...ANOTHER loaf of Norwich Sourdough is hanging out on the counter proofing away.

I did an odd variation of this dough and I am not sure how this one is going to turn out...for one, I fed the starter with white bread flour, which made it a very stringy, gross looking mass. I can honestly say I have NEVER seen my dough behave like this before. I also subbed in 20grams of whole wheat flour. While Susan uses malted unbleached AP, I use whatever AP flour is laying around. I had also meant to sub out 2% of the AP flour with diastatic malt to see what happens, but alas, my memory has once again short circuited.

I have to say, slicing into the bread, the texture was absolutely horrendous. The crumb was far too gummy. Not to self, don't use bread flour for starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment