Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baguettes!


They're so wonderful! I made Susan's Baguettes with Poolish and I have to say, they turned out wonderful. The texture was so light and airy, the crumb was wonderful and the crust was perfect. The colour is not as dark as the original, but that is only an aesthetic thing. I am definitely going to make this again!

As for the recipe itself, the only major "modification" that I did to this recipe was half it, using Bakers Percentages (there are four parts total) and shortened the fermenting time by 20 minutes, and 15 minutes, respectively. The colour was not as dark because I ran into problems with the actual loading of the bread, and lost too much heat, which is probably for the better anyway, since the crust came out quite a bit softer than it seems like it should have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment